Friday, September 26, 2014

Day 6

A Political Rant

If there's one thing that has really hacked me off lately, it's probably the latest "scandal" around the President.

If you have to ask which one, I can't really say that I blame you. The one I'm referring to right now is the faux outrage over the salute that he made with a coffee cup in his hand.

To hear some conservatives talk, you'd almost think that he'd thrown a soldier on the floor and relieved himself on them.

I will grant you that he probably should have put the cup in his other hand. However, I would also point to several of Bush 43's salutes where he's holding his dog.

I suppose that's one of those things where IOIYAR applies. It's Okay If You're A Republican.

One of the people that irritated me the most on this issue was Fox Noise's Eric Bolling. He said the president should salute properly and show respect to the troops who are risking their lives for us.

This is the same nitwit who, on the same episode of his show, asked if the female pilot flying for the United Arab Emirates and dropping bombs on Islamic State oil refineries would be considered "boobs on the ground." It's Okay If You're A Republican.

I need to stop thinking about it. It's giving me a headache.

-----------------------

Not all of the writing during this project will be fiction. I left open the form of the writing so that I could do whatever I felt like at the time. The point of the whole thing is to get writing done, nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment